‘to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ’(Eph 4:12-13)
Purpose To help Christians grow strong in their relationship with Jesus Christ, drawing from Him themselves, through prayer and the study of the Scriptures, so that their lives and relationships are constantly changing to become the people God means them to be.
July – November Courses:
Or call us on 011 706 6108 to book or if you’d like more information.
Activities for 1st half of 2012
1. Trust the Bible Seminar (12 May) – half day workshop
2. LIFE Groups (Learning / Intercession / Fellowship / Evangelism)
3. The Bethel Series overview of the Bible – Old Testament
4. New Members orientation – two courses during the year
5. Two ladies morning Bible studies and one afternoon Bible study
Where we’re headed
- To train more adult Christians in their knowledge of Scripture utilising those already equipped in our own congregation as well as teachers from outside our church (including visiting teachers from outside South Africa)
- To utilise weekends for more intensive and focussed Bible Study as well as Biblically-based studies.
- To develop a Bible course which will include a brief overview and issue like why we can trust the Bible, it’s origins, how to read it etc.
- To provide better teaching facilities for adults – both space and modern equipment
- To focus the teaching and training of the congregation on the “movements” toward Christian maturity